Saint Joseph's Academy
St. Joseph's Academy is a college preparatory high school sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet. The mission of the Academy is to provide quality Catholic education for young women in a challenging environment that helps them to grow in faith, knowledge and respect for self and others. The community expects these young women to make a profound impact on the world.
- Fax: 314-965-9114
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1840
- Number of students: 597
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Acceptance rate (%): 95
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: State of Missouri; Advanc-Ed Association; Missouri State High School Activities Association
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12/1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 52
- How engaged is the school with the community?: St. Joseph women go out and are involved in the community at all levels of participation.
- What makes this community special?: St. Joseph's Academy has one of the most outstanding campuses in St. Louis with facilities to nurture the mind and the body of all students.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: AP Calculus, Physics, Environmental Science, Art history,Latin IV. ACC courses are through Saint Louis University.
- Extracurricular activities available: There is a wide range of extracurricular activities for the entire student body.
- Student clubs: Choral groups, Student Council, art club, Angel Outreach, Angel Food Club, Angels in Prayer, speech team, Campus Ministry, Model UN, British humor club, environmental club and others.
- Sports teams: Cross country, field hockey, golf, tennis, softball, volleyball, basketball, swimming and diving, soccer, track, lacrosse, racquetball,