Ladue Horton Watkins High School
Ladue Horton Watkins High School has been educating students in the City and nine self-governed communities since 1952. Ladue graduates have gone on to careers in disciplines ranging from arts and education to the National Football League. Ladue educators create class room environments which stimulate independent thinking and academic excellence. Ladue has a professional long time staff dedicated to the good work of its students.
- Fax: 314-994-1467
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 7:40am - 2:20pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Full elevator service
- Founding Date: 1952
- Number of students: 1,242
- Male-to-female ratio: 50/50
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 99
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association of Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 23/1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 55
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students give thousands of volunteer hours to community service.
- What makes this community special?: Ladue has been a very established community since the turn of the century. Ladue's school district plays a vital role in the education of all of its students.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Advanced placement in English, art, music, statistics, French, German, Latin, Spanish, Biology and Chemistry.
- Extracurricular activities available: Sports, theatre, student government, leadership, community participation, work-study
- Student clubs: Ladue Theatre, Strolling Strings, Young Republicans and Democrats, Students Supporting the Troops, Solar Rayce Club, Video Club, Recycling Club
- Sports teams: Football, field hockey, golf, tennis, swimming and diving, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, wrestling, track and field, cross country, wrestling, cheer leading, softball, dance, ice hockey