The Rams of found themselves behind by 14 points deep into the third quarter against the Lutheran South Lancers. Struggling with penalties and difficulty moving the football, the team finally got on the scoreboard on a long sideline run by wide receiver Alim Muhammad.
With just under 4 minutes left in the third quarter, the Rams scored the extra point, set the score at 14-7, and it was all MICDS from then on.
- Quarterback Shane Combs drove the Rams down deep into the red zone before taking the ball himself into the end zone; with the extra point, that play tied the game with the Lancers at 14.
- The Rams tried an on-side kick to get the ball back quickly with the score tied, but couldn't recover. They held Lutheran South to get the ball back on a punt.
- The Rams blew a go-ahead chance on the 2 yard line in the fourth quarter when they turned over the ball with a fumble. The Lancers couldn't capitalize.
- With less than a minute to play, Rams running back Denzell Conway took a handoff wide to the right, broke a couple of tackles and turned on the heat down the sideline to score the game-winning touchdown with about 41 seconds left to play. The extra point made the score 21-14.
- The Lancers tried four consecutive passing plays to move the ball and preserve the few seconds left on the clock, but couldn't connect.
Want more pictures from Saturday's game? Check out the Ladue-Frontenac page on Facebook and find yourself in our photo gallery.