The time has come to vote for the MVP of the week. The season is definitely winding down.
- Jehu Chesson, II, Ladue track and field. The 100 meter dash and 300 meter intermediate hurdle champ, he also captured a second in the 110 highs. A brilliant athletic career at Ladue is over.
- Jack Howell, MICDS lacrosse. Another brilliant sports career comes to a close. Key attacker on the state's No. 2 team and leading wide receiver on the football team that reached the Show Me Bowl championships.
- Haley Pryor, MICDS track and field. She won the Class 3 state pole vault title at 10-9. She went as high as 11 feet this year, barely missing at 11-3. The best female pole vaulter in the area this year.
- Ezekiel Elliott, John Burroughs track and field. Second in both the 110 high and 300 intermediate hurdles, he also captured 5th in the 100 meter dash. All in a days work.
- Carly Wickenheiser, St. Joseph's Academy soccer. A freshman, she nailed the game winner in overtime over rival Incarnate Word Academy, sending the Angels to the state Class 3 soccer championships this weekend in Kansas City.
Votes will be counted until 5 p.m. on Thursday. The winner will be announced on Saturday.