St. Louis area motorists should be prepared to slow down and plan for the many work zones that are scheduled over the next week. The Missouri Department of Transportation has 125 work zones scheduled on interstates and arterials throughout the region during the next several days.
Friday, repairs to the Interstate 70 bridge over Earth City Expressway will impact traffic when two lanes and various ramps are closed. These repairs are part of MoDOT’s contract on the I-70 Blanchette Bridge. The two westbound lanes will close 7 p.m. Friday and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday. The westbound I-70 exit ramp to southbound Earth City Expressway and the ramp from northbound Earth City Expressway to westbound I-70 will also close during the repairs.
Saturday, four of the five lanes of eastbound I-70 in St. Charles County, between Mid Rivers Mall Drive and Route 370 will close. Motorists will be restricted to one lane from 9 p.m., Saturday until 10 a.m. Sunday and will not be able to access Route 370. There will also be occasional 10-15 minute full closures overnight. The southbound Mid Rivers Mall ramp to eastbound I-70 will be closed and the eastbound I-70 ramp from Veterans Memorial Parkway will also be closed. Eastbound motorists will be able to access I-70 at the Cave Springs interchange.
Next week, full closures of westbound I-64, between Broadway to 21st Street are scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday, from 8:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- I-44 at Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.