We often hit road blocks when beginning a healthy eating plan. One of them is the many situations that can sabotage us. Don't let them!
How to avoid sabotaging yourself when eating out:
- Keep attention on the conversation versus the food
- Try to plan ahead what you are going to order (go on-line to see if there is a menu available)
- Be the first person to put in your order. It is more tempting to change after hearing what others are ordering.
- Order water (You will probably order another beverage but have water too. Make sure not to order another beverage until you have had your water.)
- Pass the bread basket.
- Just say, "No, thank you." Do not add an explanation. Often when you tell others you are eating healthy they may inadvertently try to sabotage you.