Monday, June 25
- The Ladue School District School Board will meet on Monday from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Administrative Center Board Conference Room.
- The University City Mayor’s Task Force on University City’s Bike and Walkability Report will meet on Monday at 5:30 p.m. Get more information and download a copy of the report at the University City website. Plus, there will be a regular city council meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- Rob Silverman will perform in the University City Starlight Concert Series on Monday at 6:30 p.m. at Heman Park on the South Side. The event is free and open to the public. Learn more at the University City website.
Tuesday, June 26
- The University City Park Commission will meet on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Centennial Commons.
- The St. Louis County Library Headquarters will hold a Fashion Design Workshop on Tuesday at 7 p.m. with St. Louis designer and Project Runway star, Michael Drummond, on Tuesday at 6 p.m. for kids in grades 6 to 12. Registration is required, and the event will be held in the auditorium. Learn more and register at the library’s website. Groups should call the branch to ensure there’s enough space.
Wednesday, June 27
- The University City Plan Commission has changed its meeting location for its 7 p.m. meeting on Wednesday. The group will now meet in the fifth floor council chambers.
- The first discussion in the Adult Summer Reading 2012 program at the University City Library will happen on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The discussion will revolve around the first two volumes of Les Miserables. Refreshments will be served, and everyone is welcome. Copies of the book are available for checkout at the library. Visit the library’s website for additional information.
Thursday, June 28
- Celebrate the Cardinals' 11th World Series Championship with Matt Holliday at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Clayton on Thursday evening. The reception will include an “upscale menu of delicacies prepared by Chef Chuck Soffner’s award-winning kitchen,” plus drinks, a silent auction, fine wine and more. You’ll also get the chance to migle with Matt and to get your own bottle of his limited production 2007 Napa Valley red wine. Ticket prices include an autographed bottle of wine, food and drinks. Learn more at the Uncork for a Cause website.
- The St. Louis County Library Headquarters is holding a Hunger Games Tribute Challenge on Thursday at 2 p.m. for kids in grades 6 through 12. Learn more at the library’s website.
- Also at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters, Ravenwolf C. Felton Jennings, III will perform spiritual jazz at 7 p.m. in honor of Black Music Month. This event is appropriate for all ages.
Friday, June 29
- New York Times bestselling novelist Jodi Picoult and her daughter Samantha Van Leer will present their first book for teen readers, entitled Between the Lines, at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Internationally-ranked yo-yo performer Ian Cole will amaze the crowds with his tricks, plus explain the different styles and history of one of the world’s oldest toys at the St. Louis County Library on Friday starting at 2 p.m.
Saturday, June 30
- The Obvious Brothers will play at Jimmy’s Café on the Park in Clayton beginning at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
- Ruth Park Golf Course is holding a Saturday Summer Golf Clinic on Saturday at 9 a.m. Learn more at the University City website.
- The Clayton Farmers’ Market is open on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Straub’s at 8282 Forsyth.
- The St. Louis County Library Headquarters is holding a live performance on Saturday at 1 p.m. entitled Celebrating Black Music Month. Learn more at the library’s website.
Sunday, July 1
- National Parks & Recreation Month begins on Sunday.
- Jim Manley & Mark Friedricks will play at Jimmy’s Café on the Park in Clayton beginning at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.