Time to fire up the engines and nominate MVP’s for Week No. 3. Lots of great performances came out the annual Brusca-Strobach track meet at Ladue.
Baseball teams are finding their way back to the diamonds after some rainouts.
Get the Ladue-Patch newsletter every morning in your email. Free for everyone.
Here’s some suggestions to start the bidding. All Patch readers may nominate whomever they want. Voting begins Wednesday morning.
- Foster Bundy, MICDS lacrosse. 4 goals, 3 assists in win over DeSmet. One of the leading scorers in Missouri.
- Stephanie Kelly, John Burroughs lacrosse. 25 goals, 16 assists and 41 points this season. A very good basketball player too.
- Jehu Chesson, Ladue track and field. Signed for Michigan football, Chesson won the 300 meter hurdles at the Ladue meet; took a third in the 110 highs and ran on two relays teams.
- Andrea Hermann, Villa Duchesne soccer. Goal Keeper on the 9-2 team. Has an 8-1 record while taking her turn in goal; has recorded 2 shutouts and has yielded just 1.68 goals per game.
- Lex Kaplan, Ladue baseball. Leading the Rams in hitting with a robust .524 average.
- Lunsford Shock, MICDS water polo. So far, 41 goals, 13 assists and 95 points in the pool for the Rams.
Again, feel free to nominate any athlete you want for MVP this coming week. Please mention some reasons why they are being nominated.
Nominations will be accepted through Tuesday, 5 p.m. Balloting begins Wednesday morning and concludes right at 5 p.m. Thursday. The next winner will be announced Saturday morning on the Ladue-Frontenac Patch.
The previous winners were Week 1 Trey Baur, MICDS baseball and Week 2 Greg Gannon, Ladue baseball.
Send your nominations to email@example.com or add them to the comments section below.