Week No. 5, here we go: time to nominate those MVPs.
These are some nominees who are definitely worthy of consideration this week:
- Natasha Medler, Ladue soccer was nominated by her coach Dave Aronberg. She finished the week with 6 goals, 3 assists in leading the Rams team to the Ritenour tournament title. She was All-Tourney and leads Ladue with 13 goals, 4 assists for 30 points.
- Caroline Militello, MICDS sophomore forward. She scored 2 goals in the 5-0 win over Orchard Farm. She has 23 goals, 24 assists for 70 points and 6 game winning goals.
- Chris Shirley, Ladue water polo. Nominated by his dad William. This senior has 52 goals, 33 assists for 137 points. He scored 3 game winning goals in the 2011 state championships.
- Charlotte Martin, John Burroughs lacrosse senior. A super star in field hockey, Martin has 49 goals, 30 assists for 79 points. The Lady Bombers are a perfect 12-0.
- Emily Warner, Ladue sophomore. This track star has run the half mile in 2:24.22 and the 400 meter dash in 59.20, two of the best times in the Metro.
- Haley Pryor, MICDS senior. This senior pole vaulter went 11-3 at Clayton, the top performance in Missouri and will be a strong contender for the Class 3 state title.
- Lex Kaplan, Ladue senior outfielder has 34 RBIs, 6 home runs and 37 RBIs and is hitting .507 on a 15-7 team.
- Megan Hillermann, Villa Duchesne senior. She is the top scorer on a 11-3-2 soccer team with 9 goals, 10 assists for 28 points and 4 game winning goals.
When you nominate someone, please state your case and include a jpeg photo.
Previous MVPs are: Trey Baur, MICDS baseball; Greg Gannon, Ladue baseball; Foster Bundy, MICDS lacrosse; and Kate Prosperi, St. Joe lacrosse.
The Nomination process is so simple everyone can join in. Either email me a nominee at firstname.lastname@example.org or add it in the comments section below.
The names put into nomination the most over the next two days will comprise the four person ballot with voting starting Wednesday morning and ending promptly at 5 p.m. Thursday. The winner will be announced on Saturday.