We’re into Week No. 8 and the playoffs are underway. Time to nominate your favorite MVP of the week from Ladue, St. Joe, Villa, Burroughs or MICDS. The ballot will be revealed Wednesday and voting goes until 5 p.m. Thursday.
Time to like the Olivette Facebook page and cross the 100 followers number.
Here’s some suggestions for this week:
- Anna Langhorst, St. Joseph’s Academy softball. This third baseman hit a home run and a single in the fourth inning and drove in 4 as the Saints beat Hazelwood West 13-3 for the sectional title.
- Liz Rill, John Burroughs goal keeper. She recorded a shutout in the 1-0 win over Edwardsville.
- Anna Nelson, Ladue cross country. Ladue took 3rd of 54 teams in the Chili Pepper Invitational at the University of Arkansas over the weekend. She covered the course in 19:23 to lead all Rams runners.
- Peter Schnuck, John Burroughs football. A converted quarterback to wide receiver, he scored on 2 TD passes and had an interception in the 56-0 win over Clayton.
- Cooper Hudspeth, Villa Duchesne field hockey. She scored 2 quick goals leading Saints to strong 4-1 win over rival St. Joseph's Academy.
- Stephen McMillian, John Burroughs soccer. Key player in the 1-0 win over Priory. He leads the Bombers with 6 goals and 14 points.
- Kirk Smith, John Burroughs cross country. Consistently one of the top performers during the 2012 season. Beat his rival Amos Batlesmeyer from MICDS this past week.
- Klasey Medelberg, MICDS cross country. Nominated by her coach Jim Lohr, she won the Parkway South Invitational at 19:11
Voting begins Wednesday and wraps up 5 p.m. Thursday with the winner featured over the weekend.