Athletes from any of the local schools, MICDS, Burroughs, Ladue, Villa or St. Joe eligible for the weekly recognition.
Balloting is now open, and runs through 5 p.m. Thursday. The winner's profile will be presented on Sunday.
These are the candidates on the ballot this week:
- Sydney Sabino, Villa Duchesne volleyball. A talented setter and defensive specialist, she was key in the Saints 5-set win over visiting Duchesne Academy of Omaha.
- Shawn Whitley, Ladue football. Ladue beat Clayton 38-21 and Whitley was a key ball carrier. He leads the Rams in rushing with 591 yards and the Rams are 5-2 this season.
- Natalie Gower, St. Joe Volleyball. Nominated by her coach Karen Davis, she is having a very good season. She had 10 kills and 3 blocks against Mater Dei on Saturday.
- Lindsey Whitehead, Ladue tennis. Nominated by her coach Kevin Lackey, she won the singles district title by capturing all 3 sets without dropping a single set.
- Amelia “Emmy” Sprong, MICDS field hockey. Spunky senior goal keeper who turned away all 13 shots in a major upset of Villa Duchesne last week. Her record in goal is 4-1 with a stingy 1.32 goals against average.
- Alyssa Jensen, St. Joe volleyball
- Emily Kellerhals, Villa Duchesne volleyball
- Alim Muhammad, MICDS football
- Jessica Mormol, Ladue softball
- Clair Sauer, St. Joe field hockey
- Kevin Steinhouse, Burroughs swimming
Vote for your favorite athlete and get your friends and family to do the same. The voting ends Thursday promptly at 5 p.m.