Principal Louise Losos of Clayton High School (CHS) will resign later this year after beginning a leave of absence April 9, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Saturday.
(Also on Patch: Facebook Claim About Losos Had Been Posted to Page About Ex-Coach)
Quoting from the Post-Dispatch article:
"The resignation is effective June 30. The district said the administration and Losos 'had a fundamental dispute concerning the appropriate use of social media.'"
The School District of Clayton declined to confirm to the Post-Dispatch whether the decision had anything to do with a claim posted online in early April that the principal had created a Facebook profile under the name Suzy Harriston.
In an 8 a.m. Saturday email statement, the district wrote:
"Dr. Louise Losos has resigned as Clayton High School Principal effective June 30, 2012. The District and Dr. Losos had a fundamental dispute concerning the appropriate use of social media. She will remain on a leave of absence for personal reasons for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school year."
More about Clayton principal's leave of absence on Patch:
- Facebook Claim About Losos Had Been Posted to Page About Ex-Coach
- Dr. Louise Losos on Leave of Absence from Clayton High School
- Louise Losos Remains on Leave of Absence
- Clayton Schools: 'Leadership Transition' is Temporary at High School
- Louise Losos, a Longtime Educator, Has Been Active at Clayton Events