Kodner Gallery to Open New Exhibit
Regional plein aire artists to display their works depicting river landscapes.
A major exhibit “Our Great Waterways: The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers,” will open July 8 at Kodner Gallery, 9650 Clayton Rd.
The gallery has handpicked a group of 16 of the best plein aire artists in the region to captures the unique beauty of the confluence of the Missouri, Mississippi, and Illinois Rivers.
“They are concerned with the conservation and preservation of the waterways and land around it.” said David Kodner who, with his brother John, owns the gallery.
“It’s an important organization to the state, so we have 16 of our best artists from around the region to paint along the waterways and near the confluence.”
Artists appearing include:
- Yingxue Zuo, chair of the art department at the St. Lois Community College at Forest Park.
- Billyo O’Donnell, Warren County native who created the paintings for the book, “Painting Missouri” by Karen Glines.
- Bryan Haynes, internationally acclaimed artist whose work has been featured in national magazines, and who now resides in St. Albans, MO.
- Joseph Orr, native Missourian who has been capturing the environments of rivers, forests and woods, much of which is around his Osage Beach home.
- James Godwin Scott who has been painting life along the Mississippi River for over 25 years.
- Catherine Mahoney, a life-long Missouri resident who is a Best of Missouri Hands artist.
“We are fortunate to have such exceptional talent here in Missouri,” Kodner said. “What really excites me about this group is that each artist brings his or her own unique style to this exhibit, and the result will not only capture the dynamic beauty of our region, but will also convey the importance of our nature resources, a cause we share with the Riverkeeper organization.”
For over 40 years, Kodner Gallery has exhibited fine and rare art for discriminating and sophisticated collectors. Their art has been featured in many museums, corporate and private collections worldwide.
The exhibit opens with a reception from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on July 8 where visitors can see the paintings and meet the contributing artists. They will also have an opportunity to purchase the art.Call 314-993-4477 for more information or visit www.kodnergallery.com.