A spokeswoman for the Ladue School district said administrators there continue to speak to students in the wake of a pair of Instagram accounts which gave officials and police authorities headaches last week, but "have not turned up any substantial information" about who was behind them Susan Dielmann told Patch Tuesday.
Last week, an account called "Ladue's Ugliest" circulated around Ladue Middle School, containing photos of students and crude comments, many of which were countered by students themselves who spoke out on the social media platform to fight back.
Then, on Wednesday, another account emerged, with a profile photo of the shooter in last month's deadly school shooting in Newtown, CT. The account said people who had complained to news stations couldn't stop him.
That prompted heightened security at all district buildings on Thursday out of an abundance of caution from district officials.
Dielmann said Ladue Police had issued Instagram a search warrant to try and locate an IP address to help identify the second account. Ladue Police Chief Richard Wooten did not return a phone call seeking comment Tuesday.