Big Story of the Week: Burroughs Blanks Lutheran South While Weather Threatens
In case you missed it: Pictures and this story were the biggest draw for fans of Ladue-Frontenac Patch last week.
Our story last weekend on the John Burroughs' 35-0 win over Lutheran South was the biggest story of the week as readers flocked to get the update and the photos from the weather-shortened rout.
“With the score the way it was (35-0), we just felt it was best to come in,” explained Burroughs Coach Gus Frerotte.
The game was set for 1 p.m. Sept. 1, but moved up to to 4 p.m. Aug. 31 to try and stay ahead of the storms of Hurricane Isaac which blew in from the Gulf. It didn't really help.
Here's a link to that story and our other biggest stories of the week, based on reader traffic to those stories:
- Bombers Blank Lutheran South 35-0 in Weather Abbreviated Game
- Priory Should Give Burroughs a Tougher Test on Friday
- Claude Demoustier, RSCJ of Villa Duchesne Dies at Age 72
- MICDS' William Morehead Commits to Providence College for Lacrosse
- Will Michael Scherer Play for Mizzou in the SEC Home Opener With Georgia?