Sterling Bank in Clayton has made the largest-ever donation—a gift totaling $100,000—to the Saint Louis Art Fair, the company announced this week. The bank celebrated its sponsorship of the Art Fair on Tuesday at its offices by spotlighting the role of education in inspiring young artists.
Previously, the largest single donation to the Art Fair had been $50,000, a news release states. The art festival runs Sept. 7-9 in downtown Clayton. It will mark the 19th time the prestigious event has been held.
Sterling Bank's offices on South Bemiston Avenue already host several pieces of art, including a sofa composed of nearly 3,700 silver half-dollars and an antique cash register, the release states.
More about the 2012 Saint Louis Art Fair on Patch:
See More on Patch
- Schnucks Releases List of Stores Impacted by Debit, Credit Card Security Breach
- Frontenac Bread Co. Now Offers 'Pay What You Can' Turkey Chili
- News Nearby: Oceano Bistro Founder Sells Stake in Seafood Restaurant
- News Nearby: Ritz Carlton Selling Easter Cookies for Ronald McDonald House
- 2012 Saint Louis Art Fair Schedule